As an online student, it can sometimes feel like it’s harder to access academic resources since you’re not always on campus, but that doesn’t have to be the case. There are several digital-based resources offered through UWF and other institutions that are specialized for online learners.
ITS offers support to online students via phone, online request form, and through email for non-Canvas (eLearning) questions or problems. Help Desk hours are:
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 7:00PM
- Friday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- Saturday - Sunday: Closed
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 850.474.2075
Here are a few helpful links:
- New to UWF?
- Computer Specifications for eLearning (Canvas)
- MyUWF & ArgoNet
- Computer Security
- Files Storage
- Google Apps
- Internet Access
- Student Guide
Visit the Help Desk website to learn more about their resources and services.
Accessibility and Privacy Statements for Technologies in Online Courses
Student Support Services
- First-Year Advising - Freshman, First-Time-in-College, and Undeclared students are assigned to a specific advisor in First Year Advising to assist with initial course registration, goal setting, and degree planning before being transitioned to academic advisors in the major departments.
- Office of the Registrar - Course search, registration, withdrawals, grades, tuition and fees
- Academic Calendar - registration dates, deadlines, & University holidays by semester.
Financial Aid - Provides information about grants, loans, work-study, and other resources to help students and families bridge the gap between their personal resources and the cost of attending college.
Career Development and Community Engagement - Offers free career counseling, career resources, and career development.
- Student Accessibility Resources - UWF provides individualized support services to encourage full participation for students with disabilities.
- Emerald Coast Campus - many services are also available at our Fort Walton Beach location.
UWF Policies, Regulations, and Student Code of Conduct
- Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Student Code of Conduct
- Student Academic Code of Conduct
- Student Handbook
- Title IX Programs Office - this office manages complaints of sexual misconduct, sexual violence, and gender-based discrimination
- Privacy Policies for Required and Other Potential Technologies in Online Courses
- Accessibility Statements for Required and Other Potential Technologies in Online Courses
Academic Support and Learning Assistance
- UWF Library Services - Access to library resources from off-campus
- Tutoring Services - We're here to help you succeed
- The Writing Lab - Get help with the mechanics of writing and upgrade the quality of your papers before you submit assignments to your professors.
- Proctored Exams Options for Students