Welcome to UWF Online!
Welcome to eLearning at UWF. Before you jump into your course content, take a little time to go through this orientation.
eLearning (elearning.uwf.edu) is the learning management system used for online courses at UWF. Whether your course is fully-online, blended or face-to-face, many instructors use eLearning to provide access to course resources, activities, assessments, and grades. You may have used eLearning in other classes and have probably noticed that not all online courses are alike. There are some basic things that you should know to find your way around eLearning and how to get help when you need it, in order to be a successful online learner.
ITS offers support to online students via phone, online request form, and through email for non-Canvas (eLearning) questions or problems. Help Desk hours are:
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 7:00PM
- Friday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- Saturday - Sunday: Closed
- Contact: email@example.com or 850.474.2075
Here are a few helpful links:
- New to UWF?
- Computer Specifications for eLearning (Canvas)
- MyUWF & ArgoNet
- Computer Security
- Files Storage
- Google Apps
- Internet Access
- Student Guide
Visit the Help Desk website to learn more about their resources and services.
Accessibility and Privacy Statements for Technologies in Online Courses
Academic Support and Learning Assistance
- UWF Library Services - Access to library resources from off-campus
- Tutoring Services - We're here to help you succeed
- The Writing Lab - Get help with the mechanics of writing and upgrade the quality of your papers before you submit assignments to your professors.
- Proctored Exams Options for Students
Student Support Services
- First-Year Advising - Freshman, First-Time-in-College, and Undeclared students are assigned to a specific advisor in First Year Advising to assist with initial course registration, goal setting, and degree planning before being transitioned to academic advisors in the major departments.
- Office of the Registrar - Course search, registration, withdrawals, grades, tuition and fees
- Academic Calendar - registration dates, deadlines, & University holidays by semester.
Financial Aid - Provides information about grants, loans, work-study, and other resources to help students and families bridge the gap between their personal resources and the cost of attending college.
- Student Accessibility Resources - UWF provides individualized support services to encourage full participation for students with disabilities.
- UWF Military Veterans Resource Center - provides transition assistance counseling, program, and application information, and certifies eligible students to receive DVA educational benefits while maintaining productive relations with the DVA and other agencies serving veterans.
UWF Policies, Regulations, and Student Code of Conduct
- Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Student Code of Conduct
- Student Academic Code of Conduct
- Student Handbook
Basic Technical Skills Required
It’s also important to recognize that we all have different experiences and comfort levels with technology. There are a few basic technical skills that you will need to have to be a successful online learner:
Using a Web browser to access Web pages
Using e-mail to send and receive messages
Using Microsoft Word to open, read, and print documents
Downloading files from the Web
Uploading and attaching files to send to others