Changes to ArgoApps Access in 2024
Starting on Monday, January 1, access to ArgoApps will transition from automatic access to a request-based system. This impacts all existing and new users. Please visit Changes to ArgoApps Access in 2024 for more information.
ArgoApps are hosted apps & virtual desktops that allow UWF students, faculty, and staff to access specialized computer apps via the Internet.
ArgoApps Usage Agreement
ArgoApps are hosted apps & virtual lab computers that allow UWF students, faculty, and staff to access specialized computer apps via the Internet.
- Optimal ArgoApps performance requires a high speed internet connection.
- ArgoApps can be used with either a web browser or an installed application, Citrix Workspace. Compare the differences between the web browser-based method, known as "ArgoApps Lite," and the Citrix Workspace App.
- ArgoApps shall be used in pursuit of the University’s mission, goals, policies and procedures. Computing resources shall not be used for personal financial gain or for commercial purposes not under the auspices of the University. Some apps are licensed for academic coursework use only.
- You will be disconnected after 30 minutes of inactivity and automatically logged off after 60 minutes of inactivity. Any unsaved information may be lost!
- It is your responsibility to save your data when using ArgoApps. Suggested locations are your UWF Google Drive, or your personal computer. Visit ArgoApps Help to learn more about saving files and using ArgoApps.
- Access will be removed after 6 months of inactivity.
What apps are available in ArgoApps?
Many applications are available to students such as:
- Microsoft Office (windows version)
Visit UWF Available Software to see the full list.
Not all apps are available to all students and employees
Some software is restricted to certain users, based on their major, classes, department, or employment position.
Faculty can submit a request for additional apps to be added to ArgoApps.
This web-based version of ArgoApps is simple and convenient but lacks features.
ArgoApps using the Citrix Workspace App
For the best experience, we recommend using the Citrix Workspace App since it has more features. You must download, install, and configure the Citrix Workspace App; but once completed you no longer need to go to my.uwf.edu to access ArgoApps. Simply launch the Citrix Workspace App from your own computer.
For help installing the Citrix Workspace App, please see ArgoApps Help: Citrix Workspace App.
Not all apps are available on the Citrix Workspace App.
- For both ArgoApps Lite, and ArgoApps with the Citrix Workspace App
- For ArgoApps Lite only
- For ArgoApps with the Citrix Workspace App only
After 30 minutes of inactivity, a user is disconnected then given an additional 30 minutes to reconnect and resume their work. If a user does not reconnect within that 30 minute window (1 hour of total inactivity), the user is automatically logged off and any unsaved information may be lost. This feature is in place to preserve system resources for other users.
Pages on this Topic
ITS Help Desk