ProctorU is a live online proctoring service that allows you to take your exam from the comfort of your home. ProctorU is available 24/7, however you will need to schedule your proctoring session at least 72 hours in advance to avoid any on demand scheduling fees. Creating a ProctorU account is very simple. All you will need to do is visit (https://go.proctoru.com/session/new).
Please be sure to review the Exam Readiness Guide located at the following link to prepare yourself and your workspace for your appointment. (https://www.proctoru.com/exam-readiness-guide)
ProctorU also provides free technical support to ensure you have the best testing situation possible. That is available at (http://www.proctoru.com/testitout). On this page you will also be able to test your equipment, learn about what to expect during your proctoring session, and ask any questions you may have about the proctoring process with a ProctorU representative.
In order to use ProctorU you will need to have a high-speed internet connection, a webcam (internal or external), a Windows or Mac Operating System, and a government issued photo ID. ProctorU recommends that you visit proctoru.com/testitout prior to your proctoring session to test your equipment. For additional technical services needed before your exam, you can click on the button that says “Connect to a Live Person"
- At the beginning of the test period, ProctorU will also ask to see a picture ID along with your face in the webcam.
- ProctorU will take a picture (snapshot through the webcam) at the beginning of the test period. The snapshot will only be of the student and not the picture ID.
- You will be asked 4 questions to validate your identity. You must be able to answer 2 of the 4 questions.
- ProctorU may also record sessions of the exam if deemed necessary.
- The ProctorU representative can see your (the student's) computer desktop.
- If needed, the ProctorU representative has the ability to manipulate your computer to assist in the resolution of some technical issues.
- This is only done with your permission.
- Dress appropriately
- Warn other people at their location that an exam is being conducted
- Other people should stay out of the room,
- If other people come in the room for any reason they too should be appropriately dressed
- Students are encouraged to schedule exams with ProctorU 4-weeks in advance. If 4-weeks is not possible, schedule exams as soon as possible to ensure an exam time (within your instructor's designated time period) that is convenient to you.
- ProctorU requires that you schedule your exam no later than three days in advance.
- If your instructor schedules the exam for a Friday, you must make your exam appointment with ProctorU (through the UWF ProctorU portal) no later than the Tuesday preceding the exam date.
- Failure to do so will incur a $5.00 penalty from ProctorU.
- Contact ProctorU (http://www.ProctorU.com).
- Self-register for the exam.
- Be Prepared with a Credit/Debit Card to pay the proctor fee ($22.50) at the time of registration.
- Note: if you take longer than 2 hours to complete the exam, you may incur an additional fee ($8.50/hour).