State of Florida employees classified as permanent full-time employees may be allowed to register on a space-available basis at the University for a maximum of six semester hours of tuition-free courses per semester. State of Florida employees include employees of the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of state government. Persons employed by state universities, community colleges or school districts are NOT eligible for a State Employee Tuition Fee Waiver.
The state waiver program does not allow overrides into closed classes. If you are granted an capacity override for a closed class, you will be fee liable for the course.
Florida Certificate of Participation form
If a teacher has been issued a Florida Certificate of Participation form, they do not need to wait until drop/add to register for courses; this is a different program from the State Employee Tuition Waiver. This program may be referred to different ways. Some (typically teachers) refer to it as the Florida Certificate Participation Program, but UWF Auxiliary Services (Bldg. 20, Rm 151), who oversees the program at UWF, refers to it as the Intern Participation Program. They can register by their student status according to the dates in the Academic Calendar. Only matriculation fees are covered under the certificate. The student is liable for any outstanding fees by the fee payment deadline. Once the student's account is coded by the Cashier's Office, the remaining balance can be viewed and paid through MyUWF. Questions about this program should be referred to UWF Auxiliary Services at 850-474-3012. Registration issues may be addressed to the Office of the Registrar.
Below are the registration procedures specific to state employees wishing to use the State Employee Tuition Fee Waiver. For policies that may affect your registration, please see the University Catalog.
- Students must be admitted to the university prior to registering. Apply online at http://uwf.edu/admissions.
- For additional information regarding admission status contact the Admissions Office at (850) 474-2230 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete a State Employee Tuition Fee Waiver form and include an email address as this is UWF's primary form of communication.
- Students may register online during the state employee registration period--during the drop/add period only (term specific)-- by accessing MyUWF and using the Registration app.
- For assistance with registration, please visit uwf.edu/registration.
- After course registration, submit the completed State Employee Tuition Fee Waiver form form--during the drop/add period only (term specific)--to the Office of the Registrar. Forms are accepted in person, via email at email@example.com or by fax at (850)473-7345. Resubmit the form if you add additional classes, change your classes or add a classes to a future Part of Term. Submitting the form alerts the Office of the Registrar that changes were made to your schedule.
- After the state employee registration period begins, the Office of the Registrar will review submitted forms for registration compliance and remove any late registration fees.
- Students may review their fee assessment online by accessing MyUWF and using the Fee Assessment app in the Financial Resources folder. Fees will be assessed with a balance due until compliance and eligibility have been approved and the fee waivers have been applied. The fee system generally updates during the week of drop/add.
- If a State Employee Tuition Fee Waiver form is not received during the drop/add period of the the current semester, the student is tuition and fee liable for the courses.
Policy for use of State Employee Waivers for programs involving Academic Partnerships is listed here
Additional Questions? Please e-mail the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to register for classes, a student must be admitted to the University. Students who have not been enrolled for one year or more must re-apply for admission. State employees must meet current admission criteria and application deadlines. Students may apply online at http://uwf.edu/admissions. State employees must only register during the state employee registration period if requesting a waiver of tuition.
Students may search for courses online using the Course Search app in MyUWF. The online course search lists courses which are offered in a specific semester or term. This service allows students to search for courses in a variety of ways, including by instructor, location, days and/or times, and campus. Course and reference numbers must match the course name(s) listed on the UWF State Employee Tuition Fee Waiver to ensure the appropriate fees are waived.
Each semester of participation, students must submit a new UWF State Employee Tuition Fee Waiver form after course registration (during the drop/add period). Students are responsible for outstanding fees for course(s) which do not match the authorized waiver form. In such cases, appropriate late registration fees and late payment fees will also be assessed. Approved alternate courses are encouraged and must be listed on the waiver form for consideration. UWF will accept scanned copies at email@example.com or faxed copies to 850.473.7345.
Students will process their own registration beginning the first day of classes and all through the end of the drop/add period. Once the State Employee registration period begins, the Office of the Registrar will review submitted forms for registration compliance and remove any late registration fees. The Cashier's Office will verify employment and eligibility requirements and process tuition waivers. State Employee tuition fee waivers will be processed beginning the first day of classes through the end of the drop/add period.
Please do not attempt to register prior to the State Employee registration dates or the waiver of tuition is not applicable and you will be tuition and fee liable.
• Directed Independent Study
• Music and Theatre Performance
• Continuing Education
• Other one-on-one course situations
Class schedules may be retrieved through the MyUWF Student Records folder.
Students may review their account balance online by accessing MyUWF and using the Account Balance app in the Financial Resources folder. Fees will be assessed with a balance due until compliance and eligibility have been approved and the fee waiver applied. The fee system generally updates during the week of drop/add.
The State Employee Tutition Fee Waiver program covers tuition only. Beginning Fall 2013, certain fees are not covered by the State Employee Tutition Fee Waiver program. Therefore, your account balance may include additional fees. Failure to pay your account balance by the drop/add week deadline may cause a late fee to be assessed and/or result in the cancellation of registration.