Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 44 Next »


Table of Contents


Contact your advisor

Prior to completing a Graduation Application, students should consult with their academic advisors, check their Degree Audits, and reference the appropriate Academic Catalog to make sure all graduation requirements will be met prior to the graduation date.


Fall 2014 prospective graduates can apply for graduation until October 31, 2014.

If you are not currently enrolled in courses for Fall 2014, but wish to apply for graduation in that term, you will NOT be able to apply online. Please send an email to with the following information:

  • Student ID number (970......)
  • Name (as you wish it to appear on your diploma)
  • Major(s)/Minor(s) you are applying to graduate in
  • Address (to mail diploma to)

NOTE: You must declare the major/minor prior to being allowed to apply for graduation. If you need to declare a major/minor and or change your major/minor, see: Declaring or changing a major prior to submitting your request.

Spring 2015 online graduation applications will become available November 3, 2014.

  • Graduation applications are generally available from the 4th week of the previous term into the beginning of the 4th week of the graduation term.

  • For additional information on dates and deadlines, please refer to Academic Dates & Deadlines.

  • For Commencement information, please refer to the Commencement website.

To make any changes to the information on your graduation application, or to cancel your application, you must contact the Office of the Registrar or by email at

  • If you are changing your Diploma Name, be sure all spelling, punctuation, and capitalization is correct; this is how your name will appear on your diploma.


Students who are pursing a Double Major or Dual Degree (ie. more than one program) must submit the online graduation application for EACH program. Follow the instructions below for each program for which you are applying to graduate.

You must declare both programs before you can apply to graduate in each; see Declaring or changing a major for more information.

Undergraduate, Master's, and Specialist Degrees

  1. Select the Student Academic Records app in MyUWF.

  2. Click the Apply to Graduate link.

  3. Select the appropriate term. 

    1. The term displayed should be the term of the student's latest registration; the curriculum for that term will display.

      Not registered for courses in the fall?

      If you are not registered for Fall 2014, you will not be able to apply for graduation online (there will be no term available in the drop down), please contact the Office of the Registrar, or email: with your information (be sure to include your Diploma Name if different from your name on record - be sure all spelling, punctuation, and capitalization is correct; this is how your name will appear on your diploma).
    2. If you do not have any curriculum eligible for to apply for graduation, OR the online graduation applications are not yet open, you will receive the message:

  4. Verify the curriculum information is correct (correct program, etc) and select the radio dial next to the curriculum for which you wish to graduate.

    1. If curriculum is incorrect, contact Office of the Registrar to update your program information (may require submission of Change of Major form).

  5. Click Continue.

  6. Select the Graduation Date (applications are only open for one term at a time).

  7. Click Continue.

  8. Using the "One of Your Names" drop-down box, you may choose one of the following options:

    Click Continue.

    1. Name of record.

    2. Input new name: If you choose this option, be sure all spelling, punctuation, and capitalization is correct; this is how your name will appear on your diploma.

  9. Using the "One of Your Addresses" drop-down menu, select a mailing address for the diploma.

  10. Click Continue.

    1. Confirm the information displayed on the Diploma Mailing Address Selection screen is correct. You may update the information if incorrect.

  11. Click Continue.

  12. Review information found on the Graduation Application Summary page prior to submission.

  13. Click Submit Request.

    1. You will get an Application Signature Page confirming your application has been successfully submitted.

Associate of Arts (AA Degrees)

  1. Students pursuing an AA degree must "declare" their AA the same way a major/minor is declared.

    1. Complete the Undergraduate Change of Major Form  (even for a graduate level certificate), with "AA Degree" indicated as the Secondary Major.
    2. Once this has been processed by the Office of the Registrar, you will be able to apply for graduation in the AA degree online using the instructions above.


    AA Degrees cannot be awarded at the same time as an undergraduate degree; the AA degree must be awarded first. 

    AA's are only awarded to currently enrolled students.

    When applying online for your AA degree, you will only select the AA curriculum, not your undergraduate degree curriculum.

Doctoral Programs

  • Candidates for Doctoral Degrees should complete and submit the paper Doctoral Application for Graduation (paper form ONLY; not available online) to the Graduate Studies Office in the College of Professional Studies by the appropriate deadline.

  • Doctoral graduation applications are available in the Office of the Registrar, Bldg. 18, Pensacola Campus or by emailing

Certificates - not yet available to apply online


  • There is no application for graduation for a minor(s).  
  • Minors are only awarded concurrently with a Bachelor's degree.
  • Students who have declared a minor and who have met all requirements for the minor by the graduation date, will automatically have the minor awarded at the point of degree conferral. 
  • If you have declared a minor(s), but will not meet the requirements by the graduation date, you must either postpone your graduation or remove your minor.
    • To remove your minor (you no longer wish to receive the minor), use the Change of Major form (linked above in the AA section, or see Declaring or changing a major ) to remove/delete the minor(s).
    • To postpone/cancel your graduation application (to continue requirements for your minor/program), please notify or contact the Office of the Registrar for assistance.

Viewing Graduation Applications

Related articles


  • No labels