FileZilla is a free software package supported by the ITS Help Desk. FileZilla software is available free of charge from the FileZilla website and works with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
Configure the Connection
- Start the Program (Start -> Programs -> FileZilla FTP Client -> FileZilla).
- From the File menu, click Site Manager.
- Click the New Site button. A new site appears in the Select Entry box and is ready for editing. Rename the site UWF FTP.
- Enter the following information:
- Protocol: Select FTP - File Transfer Protocol
- Host: Type ftp.students.uwf.edu (students)
- Port: Type 990
- Encryption: Select Require implicit FTP over TLS
- Logon Type: Select Normal
- User: Enter your ArgoNet username
- Password: Enter your ArgoNet password
- Comments: Type My student FTP directory
- If working from a home computer connected to a router you may need to complete this additional step: Click the Transfer Settings tab. Under Transfer Mode, select Passive.
- Click OK.
- From the Edit menu (or under FileZilla in OS X), select Settings. On the left hand side, select File Lists under Interface. Then change Comparison threshold (in minutes) to 0.
FileZilla is now installed and configured!
Connecting to student H drive
- Open FileZilla (Start -> Programs -> FileZilla FTP -> FileZilla).
- From the File menu, select Site Manager and make sure UWF FTP is highlighted on the left side. Then, click Connect.
- An Accept Certificate window may appear. If so, select Always trust this certificate in future sessions, and click OK.
- Your folders appear on the right-hand side.
How to transfer files
To transfer files from your H: Drive to your personal computer, just click and drag the files or folders from one side to the other as explained in the video below.
<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sjcb-WAY22CMl7IoRIAQe3RzN12joEFb/preview" width="640" height="480"></iframe>