Prior to completing a Graduation Application, students should consult with their academic advisors, check their Degree Audits, and reference the appropriate Academic Catalog to make sure all graduation requirements will be met prior to the graduation date.

Application Deadlines:

Graduation applications are generally available beginning the 5th week of the current term (not the graduation term) through Friday of the 4th week of the graduation term.

FALL 2018

  • Application Opens June 11, 2018
  • Application Closes: September 21, 2018 


  • Application Opens: Sept 24, 2018
  • Application Closes: February 1, 2018


  • Application Opens: February 4, 2018
  • Application Closes: June 7, 2019

FALL 2019

  • Application Opens:June 10, 2019
  • Application Closes: September 20, 2019  

Did you miss the deadline? Do you think you are eligible to graduate? 

Note: If you missed the deadline to apply online, but believe you are eligible to graduate during the current term of graduation, you will need to contact your academic advisor to obtain approval for your request and to ask that they then submit an email directly to graduation@uwf.edu on your behalf to request that you be added to the prospective graduation list as a late applicant. When you contact your department, you must provide them with the following information to forward to our office so that your graduation application can be created manually:

  • Student ID number: (970......)

  • Name (as you wish it to appear on your diploma):

  • Term in which you wish to graduate:

  • Major(s)/Minor(s) you are applying to graduate in:

  • Address (to where the diploma should be mailed):

Do you need to make changes to your graduation application or cancel your application?

To make any changes to the information on your graduation application, or to cancel your application, you must contact the Office of the Registrar or by email at graduation@uwf.edu.

Please include the following information:

  • Student ID number: (970......)
  • Name (as you wish it to appear on your diploma):
  • Term in which you wish to graduate:
  • Major(s)/Minor(s) you are applying to graduate in:
  • Address (to mail diploma to):

If you are changing your Diploma Name, be sure all spelling, punctuation, and capitalization is correct; this is exactly how your name will appear on your diploma.

Viewing Graduation Applications
Viewing My Degree


For additional information on dates and deadlines, please refer to Academic Dates & Deadlines.

For Commencement information, please refer to the Commencement website.             

Questions? Please email The Office of Strategic Graduation Initiatives at graduation@uwf.edu



UWF Graduation Fair 2018: Oct. 2-3 in the Commons - Please Share and Distribute!


STEP 1: You must declare any majors/minors/certificates prior to being allowed to apply for graduation in that program. If you need to declare a major/minor/certificate and or change your major/minor/certificate, see: Declaring or changing a major or certificate program prior to submitting your request to apply for graduation. 

STEP 2: Apply to Graduate! See Instructions Below. 

Undergraduate, Master's, Specialist Degrees, & Certificate Programs

  1. Select the Student Academic Records app in MyUWF.

  2. Click the Apply to Graduate link.

    apply to graduate link

  3. Select the term in which you most recently registered. (Example below: Choose Spring 2013 even if you are graduating in Fall 2015 and fall registration hasn't opened or you haven't registered for fall courses.)

    select a term dropdown and submit button

    a. The term displayed should be the term of the student's latest registration; the curriculum for that term will display.

    If you have not registered for courses after Summer 2014, you will not be able to apply for graduation online (there will be no term available in the drop down), please contact the Office of the Registrar, or email: graduation@uwf.edu with your information (be sure to include your Diploma Name if different from your name on record - be sure all spelling, punctuation, and capitalization is correct; this is how your name will appear on your diploma).

    Please include the following information:

    • Student ID number: (970......)
    • Name (as you wish it to appear on your diploma):
    • Term in which you wish to graduate:
    • Major(s)/Minor(s) you are applying to graduate in:
    • Address (to mail diploma to):

    b. If you do not have any curriculum eligible for which to apply for graduation, OR the online graduation applications are not yet open, you will receive the following message:

    error message for graduation application

  4. Verify the curriculum information is correct (correct degree and/or certificate program, etc) and select the radio dial next to the curriculum for which you wish to graduate. If curriculum is incorrect, contact the Office of the Registrar to update your program information (may require submission of Change of Major form).

     current program and continue buttons

  5. Click Continue

  6. Select the Graduation Date (applications are only open for one term at a time).

    graduation dates drop down and continue buttons

  7. Click Continue

  8. Using the "One of Your Names" drop-down box, you may choose one of the following options:

    1. Name of record.

    2. Input new name: If you choose this option, be sure all spelling, punctuation, and capitalization is correct; this is how your name will appear on your diploma.

      name drop down and continue button

  9. Click Continue

  10. Using the "One of Your Addresses" drop-down menu, select a mailing address for the diploma.

    address drop down and continue button

  11. Click Continue

  12. Confirm the information displayed on the Diploma Mailing Address Selection screen is correct. You may update the information if incorrect.

     mailing address for diploma and continue button

  13. Click Continue

  14.  Review information found on the Graduation Application Summary page prior to submission.

    submit request button

  15.  Click Submit Request. You will get an Application Signature Page confirming your application has been successfully submitted.

     graduation application signature page

Double Major or Dual Degree


Students pursing more than one degree seeking program must submit the online graduation application for EACH program.

Follow the instructions below for each program for which you are applying to graduate. Please note:

  • Students must declare any/all programs before they can apply to graduate in any/all of them; see Declaring or changing a major or certificate program for more information.
  • To graduate with more than one degree seeking program, the requirements for both programs must be completed by the graduation date (this does not apply to Certificates and/or AA degrees).
  • If requirements for all undergraduate programs will not be met by the graduation date, graduation should either be delayed until all requirements are met, or the program that will not be completed should be dropped. 
    • See Declaring or changing a major or certificate program for more information on removing a program. 
    • After graduation, if a student decides to continue pursuing a program that was previously dropped, they must reapply through the Office of Admissions as a second degree seeking student. 
      • Please see the Academic Catalog for more information regarding second degree seeking requirements.

Associate of Arts (AA Degrees)


  • To qualify, a UWF student must meet the requirements outlined in the University Catalog.
  • The A.A. degree will not be awarded in the same semester that the baccalaureate degree is awarded or in any semester following the completion of the baccalaureate degree.
  • Students may choose to opt out of being automatically awarded their Associate of Arts Degree.  Click here for the opt out form.
  • Students must contact the Certificate Program Advisor to initiate a declaration of certificate (at any level). This Advisor will initiate the electronic form and then it is passed to the student for acknowledgment. 

  • Please note that the Registrar's office only awards certificates to the official record. If a printed certificate is offered, it will be provided to you at the discretion of the Department offering the certificate program. I would recommend that you reach out to your program to inquire about obtaining printed certificates.

  • To apply for graduation (completion) in a certificate program, student's should submit the online graduation application following the steps outlined above. You will choose your certificate program from the list of curricula outlined in Step #4.  

If you are unable to apply for completion of your certificate via the online application, please first confirm that you have declared the certificate and it is listed as part of your curriculum. You can view this information through your Student Records menu by clicking "View Student Information." If you have confirmed that the certificate has been declared and you still cannot submit the online application, please contact graduation@uwf.edu for assistance.

Doctoral Programs
  • Candidates for Doctoral Degrees should complete and submit the paper Doctoral Application for Graduation (paper form ONLY; not available online) to the Ed.D/Ed.S Program Office Office in the College of Professional Studies by the appropriate deadline.

  • Doctoral graduation applications are available in the Office of the Registrar, Bldg. 18, Pensacola Campus or by emailing graduation@uwf.edu. Applications are also available in the Ed.D/Ed.S Program Office, Bldg 86, Rm 123, Pensacola Campus.

  • There is no application for graduation for a minor(s).  
  • Minors are only awarded concurrently with a Bachelor's degree.
  • Students who have declared a minor and who have met all requirements for the minor by the graduation date, will automatically have the minor awarded at the point of degree conferral. 
  • If you have declared a minor(s), but will not meet the requirements by the graduation date, you must either postpone your graduation or remove your minor.
    • To remove your minor (you no longer wish to receive the minor), use the Change of Major form (linked above in the AA section, or see Declaring or changing a major or certificate program ) to remove/delete the minor(s).
    • To postpone/cancel your graduation application (to continue requirements for your minor/program), please notify graduation@uwf.edu or contact the Office of the Registrar for assistance.


Table of Contents

Related articles

Related articles appear here based on the labels you select. Click to edit the macro and add or change labels.