This page reviews the general application process for study abroad at the University of West Florida
If you are planning to apply for study abroad, you should attend a Study Abroad Information Session held in fall or spring semester. Information Sessions review the general requirements for study abroad at UWF and the application process outlined below.
Identify the Study Abroad Program that is Right for You
Your are encouraged to compare programs to find the program which will be the best fit for your academic and financial needs as well as cultural interests. Contact International Programs at 850-474-2479 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a study abroad advising meeting.
Apply for Your Selected Program
Once you have determined the program to which you plan to apply, follow the application process for the type of program selected.
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad Application - Application available in MyUWF for current students.
- GlobalizEdu Programs (Catalyst and Village) Application.
- International Exchange Study Abroad Application - To start the application, complete the Study Abroad Application Form. Submit the completed form to International Programs in Building 71 on the UWF Main Campus.
- The Participation Request Form is provided for download to take to your academic advisor for signature before submitting to International Programs in the UWF International Center, building 71.
- Internship Abroad - To start the application, complete the Study Abroad Application Form. Submit the completed form to International Programs in Building 71 on the UWF Main Campus.
- Transfer Credit Study Abroad Application -To start the application, complete the Study Abroad Application Form. Submit the completed form to International Programs in Building 71 on the UWF Main Campus.
- Research Abroad - If you are planning to undertake research for credit abroad, you should discuss credit options with your academic advisor. Complete the Study Abroad Application Form. Submit the completed form to International Programs in Building 71 on the UWF Main Campus.
Additional Application Steps for Some Programs
You may be asked to interview or audition with the faculty leader for short-term programs. Other optional application items such as essays or recommendation letters. Online and paper application forms may be requested based on the program.
Review of Study Abroad Application
Once the application form for the selected program has been submitted by the you, the application review process includes
- Review by International Programs.
- Review by faculty leader for faculty-led programs or academic advisor for other programs.
- Review of any required documents or additional steps such as an interview for the program.
Approval to Study Abroad
If you who meet all of the application steps and eligibility requirements for your selected study abroad program, you may be approved to study abroad. Please note, some programs have limited spaces for participants which may result in qualified applicants not being approved to participate. If your are approved to study abroad, you will receive a notification email from email@example.com with instructions for further action.
Program or Host Institution Application
If you are approved to study in exchange programs with partner institutions abroad, in transfer credit programs with other universities or study abroad providers, in internship program abroad, you will need to complete the program or host application after UWF approval. Program and host applications vary. Some require online form submission. Others may require you to complete printed forms. Most programs will require you to submit official transcripts and/or recommendation letters or other application items by mail. UWF International Programs will direct you to the host or program application after you have been approved for your selected program. You should keep in mind that transfer credit programs and internship abroad programs may require an application fee or deposit. Non-UWF application fees or deposits may vary from $100 up to a portion of the total program fee.
Enter answer here