To set up a quiz in eLearning that requires students to use LockDown Browser and Monitor, follow these steps.
Log in to eLearning and select the appropriate course.
Locate the link to the LockDown Browser & Monitor Dashboard on your Quizzes Navigation Bar. Click on the link to the Dashboard.
Set up LDB properties.
Once in the dashboard, any quizzes that exist in your course will display.
- Quizzes labeled with “Required” require students to use LockDown Browser
- Quizzes labeled with “Not Required” don’t require LockDown Browser
To change the settings, select Modify Settings from the context menu to the left of the quiz title and select the desired option.
You may additionally require that LockDown Browser be used to view quiz feedback and results.
Optionally you may create a password that students must enter to start the quiz. LockDown Browser will prompt students to enter the instructor-provided password before proceeding with the quiz.
Click the plus sign next to Advanced Settings and make your selections from the available options for the LockDown Browser. Click the "explain" link for further details about each setting.
- The first setting will prevent students from exiting the browser until the exam is completed. This is sometimes used in testing centers where a proctor can enter a password to exit an exam early.
- The second setting will allow students to take the exam with an iPad, using the free LockDown Browser app.
- The third setting will allow specific students to access the exam with screen reader accessibility programs. See www.respondus.com/accessibility for an additional step that’s required by the student.
- The fourth and fifth settings allow instructors to provide students with a calculator or print function in the LockDown Browser toolbar. For additional information, select the [explain] link that follows each setting.
Set up Monitor properties.
To require all students use a webcam during the exam, select Require Respondus Monitor for this exam.
To give students the option to either take the exam with a webcam or in a proctored testing lab, select Either Respondus Monitor or a proctored lab can be used to take this exam.
- A test password will then be required to access the test (for use in proctored settings).
Now select the items to be included in the Startup Sequence, which includes the steps a student must complete prior to the start of an exam. Most settings are optional and can be reordered by dragging and dropping them to the desired order.
Click the plus sign next to Advanced Settings and make your selections from the available options for Monitor. Click the "explain" link for further details about each setting.
Click Save and Close to apply settings.