Respondus Monitor® is a companion product for LockDown Browser (LDB) that enables institutions to protect the integrity of non-proctored, online exams.
Students use their own computer and a webcam to record assessment sessions, all without leaving eLearning.
- Wording for Syllabus when using the LDB & Monitor for online exams - Follow this link to sample wording that can be used in your course to explain that students must use LockDown Browser and a webcam (Respondus Monitor) for their online tests.
- Preparing a quiz or exam - Follow this link to instructions on setting up exams to require students to use LDB and Monitor.
- Start with a practice exam - Ensure your first exam using Respondus Monitor runs smoothly! Have students take an ungraded practice quiz that requires the use of LDB and Respondus Monitor, before taking a graded exam.
- Leave the quiz available for the duration of the course, with unlimited attempts, so students can check their setup from a different computer.
- There is a Respondus dashboard on the left side of the course homepage. Every semester when you copy a course, the Respondus settings need updating. Fortunately all you need to do is open the Respondus dashboard on the homepage of the course and it will show you which exams are in error and it is easy to update them all in one place.
Resources & Support
- Respondus Support Knowledge Base - FAQ's
- Reviewing webcam videos - Follow this link for instructions on viewing the videos once exams are completed.
- Quick-Start Guides for Students and Instructors
- more information and instructions for using LDB and Monitor.
- Training webinars from Respondus - http://www.respondus.com/webinars/
- Using the Help Center for Lockdown Browser & Respondus Monitor
- Here are some useful details about the Help Center for LockDown Browser
Watch this three minute video:
How It Works
- Students start LockDown Browser, log into the LMS and complete a brief startup sequence prior to the exam
- The student and the surrounding environment are recorded during the entire exam
- Instructors can quickly review details of the assessment, and even watch the recorded video
Why It Works
- Cheating is deterred with a low-hassle, easy-to-use system
- Students appreciate a level playing field and the ability to take exams anytime
- Administrators ensure student identity and exam integrity in distance learning environments
Created for Universities
- Integrates seamlessly with the LMS
- No limitations to the length or number of exams
- Students don't need to schedule exam sessions in advance
- Provides a cost-effective solution for individual courses or the entire institution