Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 27 Next »

Beginning Fall 2014, students will apply for graduation online. A paper application is only available for Doctoral candidates.

The Fall Graduation online application will be available for students beginning August 25, 2014. Students wishing to apply for Summer 2014 graduation should email

Table of Contents


Fall 2014 prospective graduates will be able to apply to graduate beginning the first day of class in the Fall semester (Aug. 25, 2014). The Fall 2014 application will remain available until 6 weeks prior to the commencement date.

Beginning Spring 2015, online graduation applications will become available the fourth week of the term prior to the graduation term

Graduation applications will remain available from the first day available until 3 weeks in to the graduation semester (ie the Spring 2015 graduation application will close 3 weeks after the first day of class in the Spring).

For additional information on dates and deadlines, please refer to Academic Dates & Deadlines.

For Commencement information, please refer to the Commencement website.

Prior to completing a Graduation Application, students should consult with their academic advisors, check their Degree Audits, and reference the appropriate Academic Catalog to make sure all graduation requirements are met.


Students who are pursing a Double Major or Dual Degree (ie. more than one program) must submit the online graduation application for EACH program. Follow the instructions below for each program for which you are applying to graduate.

Undergraduate, Master's, and Specialist Degrees

  1. Select  the Student Academic Records app in MyUWF.

  2. Click the Apply to Graduate link.

  3. Select the appropriate term.


    1. The term should be the term of the student's curriculum information; generally the student will/should select the current term and the curriculum will pull from the current curriculum.

    2. Available curriculum for that term will display.

    3. If you do not have any curriculum eligible for graduation, you will receive the message:

  4. Verify the curriculum information is correct (correct program, etc) and select the radio dial next to the curriculum for which you wish to graduate.

    1. If curriculum is incorrect, contact Office of the Registrar to update your program information (may require submission of Change of Major form).

  5. Click Continue.

  6. Select the Graduation Date


  7. Click Continue.

  8. Using the "One of Your Names" drop-down box, you may choose one of the following options:

    1. Name of record

    2. Input new name: If you choose this option, be sure all spelling, punctuation, and capitalization is correct, as this is the way your name will appear on your diploma.

  9. Click Continue.
  10. Using the "One of Your Addresses" drop-down menu, select Mailing Address for the diploma.

  11. Click Continue.

    1. Confirm that the information displayed on the Diploma Mailing Address Selection screen is correct. You may update the information if incorrect.

  12. Click Continue.
  13. Review information found on the Graduation Application Summary page prior to submission.

  14. Click Submit Request.

    1. You will get an Application Signature page confirming your application has been submitted <need screen shot once wording is confirmed/approved>.

  15. Once your Graduation Application has been received and processed by the Office of the Registrar, you will receive a confirmation e-mail to your student account.

  16. You may request to cancel your current semester graduation application in writing to the Office of the Registrar or by e-mail to


  1. Students pursuing a Certificate (at any level) must declare their Certificate using the Declaration of Certificate form.
  2.  To earn the certificate, student's should complete the Completion of Certificate form.

Associate of Arts (AA Degrees)

  1. Students pursuing an AA degree must "declare" their AA the same way a major/minor is declared.
    1. Complete the Undergraduate Change of Major Form (even for a graduate level certificate), with "AA Degree" indicated as the Secondary Major.
    2. This MUST be done PRIOR to submitting a Graduation Application.

  2. Once you have declared your AA, you may apply for the degree following the same procedures as the Bachelor's, Master's, and Specialist instructions found on this page.

    AA Degrees cannot be awarded at the same time as an undergraduate degree; the AA degree is typically awarded first.

  3. You are required to submit a Graduation Application for each degree you wish to receive.

Doctoral Programs

Candidates for Doctoral Degrees should complete and submit the Doctoral Application for Graduation (paper form ONLY; not available online) to the Graduate Studies Office in the College of Professional Studies by the appropriate deadline.

Doctoral graduation applications are available in the Office of the Registrar, Bldg. 18, Pensacola Campus or by emailing

Viewing Graduation Applications

See Viewing a Graduation Application.

Related articles

  • No labels