This page reviews the general application process for study abroad at the University of West Florida
Students If you are planning to apply for study abroad, you should plan to attend a Study Abroad Information Session held in the fall or spring semester. Information Sessions review the general requirements for study abroad at UWF and the application process outlined below.
Identify the Study Abroad Program that is Right for You
Your are encouraged to compare programs to find the program which will be the best fit for their your academic and financial needs as well as cultural interests. Contact International Programs at 850-474-2479 or email@example.com to schedule a study abroad advising meeting.
Apply for Your Selected Program
Once a student has you have determined the program to which they you plan to apply, follow the application process for the type of program selected.
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad Application - Application available in MyUWF for current studentsInternational Exchange Study Abroad Application - To start the application, login to your account at uwf.abroadoffice.net.
- Internship Abroad - To start the application, login to your account at uwf.abroadoffice.net.
- Transfer Credit Study Abroad Application -To start the application, login to your account at uwf.abroadoffice.net.
- Research Abroad - Students planning to undertake research for credit abroad should discuss credit options with their academic advisor and submit application forms at uwf.abroadoffice.net.
Application Forms for programs in uwf.abroadoffice.net
- Standard Application for Study Abroad is completed by all students.
- For Exchange and Transfer Credit Programs: The Participation Request Form is provided for download for students to take to their academic advisor for signature before submitting to Study Abroad Services n the UWF International Center, building 71.
- For students applying for programs other than exchange or transfer credit (this includes independent research, internships, directed studies, or other activities abroad for UWF credit), students will have an online Advisor Approval Form. After submission, the academic advisor receives an email from firstname.lastname@example.org requesting review and approval of the course associated with the internship, research or directed study abroad.
- Application Forms Specific to a Program may be required. Programs operated by other institutions or providers, including internships and research abroad, require additional forms for
- GlobalizEdu Programs (Catalyst and Village) Application.
- International Exchange Study Abroad Application
- Internship or Independent Research Abroad
Additional Application Steps for Some Programs
Students You may be asked to interview or audition with the faculty leader for short-term programs. Other optional application items such as essays or recommendation letters requiring action outside online . Online and paper application forms may be requested based on the program.
Review of Study Abroad Application
Once the application forms form for the program selected have selected program has been submitted by the studentyou, the application review process includes
- Review by International Programs.
- Review by faculty leaders leader for faculty-led programs or review by academic advisor for other programs.
- Review of any required documents or additional steps or documents such as an interview for the program.
Approval to Study Abroad
Students If you who meet all of the application steps and eligibility requirements for their your selected study abroad program, you may be approved to study abroad. Please note, some programs have limited spaces for participants which may result in qualified applicants not being approved to participate. If a student is your are approved to study abroad, the student you will receive a notification email from email@example.com with instructions for further action.
Program or Host Institution Application
Students who If you are approved to study in exchange programs with partner institutions abroad OR , in transfer credit programs with other universities or study abroad providers OR , in internship program abroad, you will need to complete the program or host application after UWF approval. Program and host applications vary. Some require online form submission. Others may require students you to complete printed forms. Most programs will require students you to submit official transcripts and/or recommendation letters or other application items by mail. UWF Study Abroad Services International Programs will direct students you to the host or program application after they you have been approved for their your selected program. Students You should keep in mind that transfer credit programs and internship abroad programs may require an application fee or deposit. Non-UWF Application Fees application fees or Deposits deposits may vary from $100 up to a portion of the total program fee. Review Completing Study Abroad Pre-Departure Requirements for more information on these additional requirements.
Enter answer here