This page reviews the general application process for study abroad at the University of West Florida
All students If you are planning to apply for study abroad must , you should attend a Study Abroad Information Session held in the fall or spring semester. INformation Sessions review the general requirements for study abroad at UWF and the forms process outlined below.
Attend a Study Abroad Information Session. All students planning to apply for study abroad must attend a Study Abroad Information Session held in the fall or spring semester. INformation Sessions review the general requirements for study abroad at UWF and the forms application process outlined below.
Identify the Study Abroad Program
Insert screen shot pointing to Create Account link.
Insert Screenshots of Create Account pages.
Find a program which meets your academic needs and international interests. Study Abroad Program Selection is different for every student. Study Abroad Services encourages students to find the best program for them as an individual. Students should consider the following when selecting a program: Location, language requirements, courses available, cost, fit for major program at UWF, and personal interest in international culture. To start the application, login to your account at uwf.abroadoffice.net. Links to apply can be found in the list of programs be country OR on the program description page.
When students click the Apply option, the forms required for program application will be added to their account profile.
Complete the Online and Application Forms for the program.
a. Online Forms:
- Conduct Clearance Form is required for all participants to confirm their status with the UWF Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities. UWF will not approve a student who is currently on Probation for a UWF Code of Conduct Violation.
- Photo Release Form allows students to opt for photo release prior to their program abroad.
b. Application Forms:
- Standard Application for Study Abroad is completed by all students. The Standard Application for Study Abroad prompts students to print and submit the Participation Request form if they are applying for an exchange program or program for transfer credit. Students applying for Faculty-Led programs, internships, research or directed study abroad may have additional application forms to complete in place of the Participation Request.
- Participation Request Forms must be signed by the student and student's academic advisor before submitting to Study Abroad Services n the UWF International Center, building 71.
- The general Essay form requests students to upload an essay regarding why they have chosen a specific program and how the program will benefit them, personally, academically, and/or professionally.
- For students applying for programs other than exchange or transfer credit (this includes independent research, internships, directed studies, or other activities abroad for UWF credit), students will have an online Advisor Approval Form. After submission, the academic advisor receives an email from email@example.com requesting review and approval of the course associated with the internship, research or directed study abroad.
- Application Forms Specific to a Program may be required. Possible forms may include online recommendation forms, program-specific information that may be useful in applicant review such as previously taken coursework in a subject.
Step 6 (Optional Application step for some programs)
that is Right for You
Your are encouraged to compare programs to find the program which will be the best fit for your academic and financial needs as well as cultural interests. Contact International Programs at 850-474-2479 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a study abroad advising meeting.
Apply for Your Selected Program
Once you have determined the program to which you plan to apply, follow the application process for the type of program selected.
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad Application - Application available in MyUWF for current students.
- GlobalizEdu Programs (Catalyst and Village) Application.
- International Exchange Study Abroad Application
- Internship or Independent Research Abroad
Additional Application Steps for Some Programs
You may be asked to interview or audition with the faculty leader for short-term programs. Other optional application steps requiring action outside of the Study Abroad Database at uwf.abroadofifice.net items such as essays or recommendation letters. Online and paper application forms may be requested based on the program.
Review of Study Abroad Application
After the Conduct Clearance Form is submitted and Application Forms are completed, students will be marked as "Review" or "Application Review" in their account at uwf.abroadoffice.net. The Once the application form for the selected program has been submitted by the you, the application review process includes verification a student has
- Review by International Programs.
- Review by faculty leader for faculty-led programs or academic advisor for other programs.
- Review of any required documents or additional steps such as an interview for the program.
Approval to Study Abroad
Students If you who meet all of the application steps and eligibility requirements for their your selected study abroad program, you may be approved to study abroad. Please note, some programs have limited spaces for participants which may result in qualified applicants not being approved to participate if eligibile applications exceed available spaces. If a student is your are approved to study abroad, the student you will receive a notification email from email@example.com with instructions to login to their account for further action.
Program or Host Institution Application
Students who If you are approved to study in exchange programs with partner institutions abroad OR , in transfer credit programs with other universities or study abroad providers OR , in internship program abroad, you will need to complete the program or host application after UWF approval. Program and host applications vary. Some require online form submission. Others may require students you to complete printed forms. Most programs will require students you to submit official transcripts and/or recommendation letters or other application items by mail. UWF Study Abroad Services International Programs will direct students you to the host or program application after they you have been approved for their your selected program. Students You should keep in mind that transfer credit programs and internship abroad programs may require an application fee or deposit. Non-UWF Application Fees application fees or Deposits deposits may vary from $100 up to a portion of the total program fee.
Enter answer here