Wiggio is designed for instructors who have student assignments that require group work. Wiggio offers a central place for learners to collaborate using chat, schedule events, upload and edit files, and much more. You can set up Wiggio groups for your students right in the Content area in eLearning.
|title||Setting up a Wiggio space|
You, as the instructor, can set up a Wiggio space for students in your class. You can then either set up the groups within that space or have your students set up their own groups.
To set up a Wiggio space:
- Select Content from the Course Materials drop-down menu
- Select the Module where you would like to set up the group(s)
- Then, select the drop-down menu next to Add Existing Activities and click on External Learning Tools
- Select Wiggio from the pop-up menu
- A link to a Wiggio group will be added to the Module
- Select the drop-down menu next to the Wiggio group to edit its properties
- Click in this field if you would like to change the name of the Wiggio space
- For instance, I changed the name of this space to "Groups Workspace." Click Update.
|title||Setting up groups within a Wiggio space|
Once you have created the Wiggio space, you or your students can set up groups within that space.
To begin the process of setting up groups:
- Click on the link to the newly created Wiggio space.
- The first time you access Wiggio, you will see the following message. Select, "Do not ask me again for this application" and click Continue.
- Enter a group name and click Create Group.
|title||Adding members to a Wiggio group|
Once you or your students have created a group, you can add new members to the group. If you are allowing students to create their own groups, you can require them to add you to the group if you want to monitor each group's work.
- To add new members, click one of the links indicated below.
- Enter the email addresses of the members you want to invite or select them from your email contact, create a custom message if you like, and click Invite.
- Wiggio will send an email invitation like the one below, informing the new member that he/she has been added to the group.
Instructions for this tool are currently under development. Visit the D2L Resource Center for detailed instructions on Wiggio.
|Goolge Google Analytics for AskATCGoolge |
|Google Analytics for AskATC|