During the 2021 legislative session, Section 1006.75 (3)(a)1.-4., Florida Statutes, (2022) was passed. This Statute requires all new UWF students to:
- Who is required to complete the Career Readiness Module? All students who are new to UWF for Fall 2022 and beyond.
- How long does the module take to complete? The module will take about 45 minutes to complete.
- What happens if I don't complete the module? Students who do not complete the module will have a hold placed on their account preventing registration for summer and fall 2023 classes and beyondfuture semesters. Once the module has been completed, the hold will be lifted, and students will be eligible to register for summer and fall 2023 classes.
- I have a CP hold in my Registration Menu. What does this mean? Beginning with students admitted for fall 2022, a A Career Planning (CP) hold is added to all new students accounts (Fall 2022 admits and beyond). Once the Career Readiness module has been completed, the CP hold will be removed from your account. If the module has not been completed by March 2023, a Career Readiness (CR) hold will be added to your account which will prevent registration for summer and fall 2023 classes until the module has been completed.
- I am encountering technical issues with the module. Whom do I contact? For technical issues or questions about completing the Career Readiness module, contact the Office of Career Development & Community Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-474-2254.
- I cannot access Handshake. What should I do? Handshake accounts become active a few days after you activate your ArgoNet account. If you activated your ArgoNet account more than 3 days ago and still do not have access to Handshake, contact the Office of Career Development & Community Engagement at email@example.com.
- What other career planning resources are available to me? If you need assistance choosing a major or career, the Office of Career Development & Community Engagement can help! Visit this page to learn more, or you can schedule an appointment with a Career Coach through your Handshake account (accessed through MyUWF and available after you complete the Career Readiness module).