The ATC Course Design Template is designed to meet Quality Matters (QM) standards, and to assist faculty in creating a quality online or blended course. Many time-consuming features have been built into the template to save faculty valuable time. See the instructions below for loading the template, changing the style sheet, and adding photo headers to the templates.
Listed below are the zipped Course Design template files:
- Select the template file from the list above and save the file to your computer.
- Go into your empty course shell and select My Tools/Edit Course
- Select Import / Export / Copy Components
- Select Import Components
- Browse to the template zip file on your computer and select Open, then selectNext
- Once you get a green check mark next to Reading the package, click Start
- After several processing steps, look for and check the box for Import Metadata
- Select All Components
- Click Continue, and on the following page click Continue as well
- You should have green check marks next to all files listed, then click Finish
- You should see: "Import Summary, The course import was successful."
Some of the built in features include:
- Replacement Strings (which identify the student by name)
- Standard Syllabus template with links to common plug-ins, SDRC information, and emergency information included
- BEGIN HERE page with instructions for students on how and where to find course resources
- Academic Integrity Module and quiz developed by Drs. Ron Belter and Athena De Pre
- Course Orientation, Communication Standards, and Netiquette modules
- Campus support resources for students and most importantly, the template provides consistent, logical course navigation for the student.
- The template is also designed to meet web page accessibility standards.