This page reviews the general application process for study abroad at the University of West Florida
All students Students planning to apply for study abroad must should plan to attend a Study Abroad Information Session held in the fall or spring semester. INformation Information Sessions review the general requirements for study abroad at UWF and the forms application process outlined below.
Attend a Study Abroad Information Session. All students planning to apply for study abroad must attend a Study Abroad Information Session held in the fall or spring semester. INformation Sessions review the general requirements for study abroad at UWF and the forms process outlined below.
Create a profile in the UWF Study Abroad Program and Application Database at uwf.abroadoffice.net. The database is not currently linked to the UWF Banner system, which means students will need to create an account using their email address and UWF ID number. Students may create an account at any time between admission and the program application deadline. Example, a freshman may create an account during their first semester at UWF and apply to study abroad in the fall of their junior year.
Select "Create Account" from the left side menu at uwf.abroadoffice.net.
Enter the requested information regarding account setup. Students should use their UWF Student Email for the account creation. Students should select the corresponding Student Status from the Status drop down menu. Students should select from any option beginning with "College-" based on their current standing as a degree-seeking student. Students should NOT select the options for creating accounts as "Faculty or Advisor" or as "Travel Registration."
After the initial Create Account page, Students are asked to complete the profile in several sections noted here. Students are able to access these sections of the profile and make edits to their own information as needed before during and after their program abroad.
Student User Profile Sections when creating an AbroadOffice account.
Academic Info requests your current major/minor information and GPA. Students may view their GPA in the Student Academic Records Menu in MyUWF.
Program Preferences asks for information on the locations where students plan or would be interested to study abroad.
Current and Permanent Address information should match the information in your student Contact and Privacy Information in MyUWF.
Emergency Contact details are required for a Primary Contact. Study Abroad Services will use the information provided here in the event an emergency abroad occurs and UWF needs to contact a family member. This information may differ from the contact listed for emergencies in Contact and Privacy Information in MyUWF. Students may add a secondary Emergency Contact in this profile section.
After completing the Emergency Contacts section, the Student Study Abroad profile is complete.
Once a student has completed creating their profile, they may begin the application process for study abroad. Find a program which meets your academic needs and international interests. Study Abroad Program Selection is different for every student. Study Abroad Services encourages students to find the best program for them as an individual. Students should consider the following when selecting a program: Location, language requirements, courses available, cost, fit for major program at UWF, and personal interest in international culture. Students are encouraged to compare programs to find the program which will be the best fit for their academic and financial needs as well as cultural interests. Contact International Programs at 850-474-2479 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a study abroad advising meeting.
Once a student has determined the program to which they plan to apply, follow the application process for the type of program selected.
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad Application - Application available in MyUWF for current students
- International Exchange Study Abroad Application - To start the application, login to your account at uwf.abroadoffice.net.
- Internship Abroad - To start the application, login to your account at uwf.abroadoffice.net.
- Transfer Credit Study Abroad Application -To start the application, login to your account at uwf.abroadoffice.net.
Links to apply can be found in the list of programs be country OR on the program description page.
When students click the Apply option, the forms required for program application will be added to their account profile.
Complete the Online and Application Forms for the program.
a. Online Forms:
- Conduct Clearance Form is required for all participants to confirm their status with the UWF Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities. UWF will not approve a student who is currently on Probation for a UWF Code of Conduct Violation.
- Photo Release Form allows students to opt for photo release prior to their program abroad.
- Research Abroad - Students planning to undertake research for credit abroad should discuss credit options with their academic advisor and submit application forms at uwf.abroadoffice.net.
Application Forms for programs in uwf.abroadoffice.net
- Standard Application for Study Abroad is completed by all students. The Standard Application for Study Abroad prompts students to print and submit the Participation Request form if they are applying for an exchange program or program for transfer credit. Students applying for Faculty-Led programs, internships, research or directed study abroad may have additional application forms to complete in place of the Participation Request. Participation Request Forms must be signed by the student and student's academic advisor
- For Exchange and Transfer Credit Programs: The Participation Request Form is provided for download for students to take to their academic advisor for signature before submitting to Study Abroad Services n the UWF International Center, building 71.
- The general Essay form requests students to upload an essay regarding why they have chosen a specific program and how the program will benefit them, personally, academically, and/or professionally.
- For students applying for programs other than exchange or transfer credit (this includes independent research, internships, directed studies, or other activities abroad for UWF credit), students will have an online Advisor Approval Form. After submission, the academic advisor receives an email from email@example.com requesting review and approval of the course associated with the internship, research or directed study abroad.
- Application Forms Specific to a Program may be required. Possible forms may include online recommendation forms, program-specific information that may be useful in applicant review such as previously taken coursework in a subject.
- Programs operated by other institutions or providers, including internships and research abroad, require additional forms for
Step 3 Additional Application Steps for Some Programs
Students may be asked to interview or audition with the faculty leader for short-term programs. Other optional application steps items such as essays or recommendation letters requiring action outside of the Study Abroad Database at uwf.abroadofifice.net online application forms may be requested based on the program.
Review of Study Abroad Application
After the Conduct Clearance Form is submitted and Application Forms are completed, students will be marked as "Review" or "Application Review" in their account at uwf.abroadoffice.net. The Once the application forms for the program selected have been submitted by the student, the application review process includes verification a student has
- Review by International Programs.
- Review by faculty leaders for faculty-led programs or review by academic advisor for other programs.
- Review of any required additional steps or documents such as an interview for the program.
Students who meet all of the application steps and eligibility requirements for their selected study abroad program may be approved to study abroad. Please note, some programs have limited spaces for participants which may result in qualified applicants not being approved to participate if eligibile applications exceed available spaces. If a student is approved to study abroad, the student will receive a notification email from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions to login to their account for further action.
Program or Host Institution Application
Students who are approved to study in exchange programs with partner institutions abroad OR in transfer credit programs with other universities or study abroad providers OR in internship program abroad will need to complete the program or host application after UWF approval. Program and host applications vary. Some require online form submission. Others may require students to complete printed forms. Most programs will require students to submit official transcripts and/or recommendation letters or other application items by mail. UWF Study Abroad Services will direct students to the host or program application after they have been approved for their selected program. Students should keep in mind that transfer credit programs and internship abroad programs may require an application fee or deposit. Non-UWF Application Fees or Deposits may vary from $100 up to a portion of the total program fee. Before departing from the US, Students should follow instructions for Completing Study Abroad Enrollment Forms.
Enter answer here