- Search for, then select the Registration Menu app in MyUWF.
- Click on the Registration link.
- Select the Register for Classes link.
- Select the term for which you are trying to register. Then select Continue.
- Enter the Alternate PIN assigned to you by your advisor (degree-seeking students ONLY).
For information on Advising Pins, please see Viewing your Advising PIN in MyUWF.
- If you already know the 5 digit CRN for the courses you plan to register for, you can enter each CRN directly.
- Click on the tab "Enter CRNs".
- Enter the 5-digit CRN directly into the CRN box and click the Add to Summary button.
- The course will then appear in the Registration Summary. To complete the registration for the course, Click on the Submit button.
- To search for courses, click the Find Classes tab.
- Use the Basic Course Search or the Advanced Search to find classes. For further instruction on how to search for classes, review Searching for Course Offerings for further details.
- Courses with the "Add" icon next to them have seats available for registration.
- The following codes may also appear in the "Select" column:
- The "Add" icon is grey: Closed Class or you are already registered for the class.
- The course CRN, subject, course number, credit hours, title, meeting days & times, total number of seats, number of students currently enrolled, seats remaining, waitlist capacity, number of student currently on the waitlist, cross-list information, instructor(s), dates the course will run through, and location (building, room number) can be found on this page
- To add a course to your worksheet without registering for the course, select the "Add" box next to the section you wish to add, scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Submit".
- Once the course is added to your worksheet, you will see a Save Successful popup. The CRN of the course should now appear with a Green "Registered" icon next to the Course in the Summary box.
Registering for Classes from a Plan
Access the Registration menu and select the "Register for Classes" option.
Select the term you would like to register for. Then, enter your Registration PIN and select "Continue".
Select the "Plans" tab from the options listed at the top. Under the Plans option, the assigned Degree Works Plan title should display.
Select the drop down arrow next the the Degree Works SEP Plan title. Courses for that semester should then appear.
To view offered sections for the chosen semester, select the "View Sections" button to the right of the course. This will open a new screen with available sections.
When you are ready to select a section, click on the "Add" button on the right side of the screen. That will add the section to the Registration Summary in the bottom right. Then, click "Submit".
To register for other classes from the Degree Works Plan, select the "Return to Plan" button and select another course.
The same registration restrictions apply to waitlists as to adding a course (i.e. pre-reqs, co-reqs, etc.) If you are already on a waitlist for a course, and wish to add an open section, you must drop the waitlisted course in order to add the open section.
To add yourself to the waitlist for a closed course with waitlist seats available, follow steps 1-5 above, then:
- Make sure the course has a waitlist and there are seats available.
- Click on the Add button next to the CRN with the open Waitlist.
- The course will then appear in the Summary window in the bottom right of the screen. Click on the Submit button.
- You will receive an error stating the course is closed. If a waitlist is available, there will be an option to select "Waitlist" from the drop down menu next to the error message. Select the Waitlist option, and then click "Submit".
- If successful, the course will appear in the Registration Summary with a green Waitlisted status.
- For additional information on waitlisting, please see Using Waitlists.
|title||Why can't I register?|
All students are required to meet with their advisor prior to registration in order to receive an Alternate PIN which will allow them access to registration. If a student has not met with his/her advisor, he/she will need to do so in order to gain access to registration.
In addition to PINs, all students have an assigned time in which they can register. Students will not be allowed to register prior to their time ticket.
Students may also have various holds preventing registration. Students are able to view holds via the Registration Status link in SSB. Students should contact the appropriate office to determine how to have their hold removed.
|title||Are there restrictions as to the number of credit hours a student may take each term?|
- Undergraduates may take a maximum of 18 credit hours each term. Student athletes, J1, or F1 visa holders must take a minimum of 12 credit hours each term. Students on Academic Probation may only take 14 credit hours while on probation.
- Masters students may take a maximum of 12 credit hours each term. Student athletes, J1, or F1 visa holders must take a minimum of 9 credit hours each term.
- Specialist/Doctoral level students may take a maximum of 12 credit hours each term. J1 or F1 visa holders must take a minimum of 9 credit hours each term.
|title||How do I register for an internship, directed study, or other variable hour course?|
Students registering for any variable class (such as internships, directed studies, applied music, dissertations, etc.) must contact the department offering the courses to obtain a Variable Credit Hour Registration Form. The form must be completed by the department and submitted to the Office of the Registrar by the end of drop/add. The Office of the Registrar will create the section of the course and register the student upon receipt of the form.
Viewing Student Registration Information
Viewing your Advising PIN in MyUWF
Searching for Course Offerings
Understanding/Changing Grade Modes
Withdrawing After Drop/Add
Viewing a Student Schedule