Copy and paste this text into your course or simply link to this page.
Using LockDown Browser and a Webcam for Online Exams
This course requires the use of LockDown Browser and a webcam for online exams. The webcam can be built into your computer or can be the type that plugs in with a USB cable. Watch this short video to get a basic understanding of LockDown Browser and the webcam feature.
Follow this link for instructions for downloading and installing LockDown Browser
- Close all programs, unless one is used to connect you to the Internet.
- Log into eLearning (https://elearning.uwf.edu/) select your course and navigate to the quiz.
- Click the “Launch LockDown Browser” button to open LockDown Browser and start the quiz.
- If prompted, either close a blocked program (e.g. screen capture, instant messaging) by choosing Yes. Or, close LockDown Browser and close the blocked program before restarting.
- If the instructor requires a test password, a new window will appear asking for the Exam Password. Enter the password and click Begin Exam.
- The test will then start. (Note, once a test has been started with Respondus LockDown Browser, you cannot exit until the Submit button is clicked
Finally, when taking an online exam, follow these guidelines:
- Ensure you're in a location where you won't be interrupted
- Turn off all mobile devices, phones, etc.
- Clear your desk of all external materials — books, papers, other computers, or devices
- Remain at your desk or workstation for the duration of the test
- If a webcam is required, make sure it is plugged in or enabled before starting LockDown Browser
- LockDown Browser will prevent you from accessing other websites or applications; you will be unable to exit the test until all questions are completed and submitted
- If a webcam is required, you will be recorded during the test to ensure you're using only permitted resources