Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


Students can access their Degree Audit via Degree Works. Degree Works is a program that tracks degree completion progress. To access Degree Works, search for "Degree Audit" in MyUWF.

This automated online system, Degree Works, compares your completed and in-progress coursework with the requirements for your degree, creating a "progress report". It also details your GPA and the classes you need to take.

The audit is divided into “blocks”, or areas of requirements such as Degree, University Requirements, General Education (Core), and Program Requirements. Each section or "block" works like a checklist and requirements are automatically checked when a requirement is met. 

Degree Works also displays GPA, classification, major, and minor. An advisor can see everything the student sees.


To log in to Degree Works and view a Degree Audit:

  1. Log in to MyUWF.
  2. Search for Degree Audit and select the app.
    • Students: Information pertaining to your degree audit should automatically populate.

      screenshot of Degree Audit information


Using the "What-If" Function

If you want to see how your current classes would fulfill the requirements of a different program, just click on “What If.”  This feature allows you to select a new program.  If you know the type of degree, such as B.A., by selecting it, the list of programs will be filtered.  If you do not select a degree type, then you can choose from the entire list  but only the program requirements will display.  

After you make your selection, click on “Process What-If” to see what your new audit would be.   The "What-If" audit may not include exceptions which may be on your program audit.  Exceptions are determined for individual programs by the department responsible due to accreditation rules for individual programs.  If you plan to change programs, you should consult the new program department concerning transfer acceptance and if previous exceptions may be applicable. 



 How current is the information in Degree Works?

The information in Degree Works is refreshed each night. Any changes made (e.g., grade changes or classes added/dropped) will be seen in Degree Works the next day. If you just became a student today, then your audit would be available the next day.

 Are grades visible in Degree Works?

Yes. Once grades have been processed at the end of the semester, they are viewable in  Degree Works following the nightly refresh. Courses in-progress are listed with an "IP" grade.

 How do I know what classes I need to take?

Within each specific block, your degree audit will outline requirements for the degree, program and/or minor. This information should be used to discuss your academic plans and progress toward your degree with your academic advisor.

 I see many course numbers listed in my Degree Works Audit. How can I find out what those courses are?

If you hover over any course number with your cursor, the name and credit hours for the course will display. If you click on any course number, the link will display complete information including a course description, prerequisites, and scheduling information (scheduling information appears only if the college is allowing registration at the time). If you only see course catalog information, then the course is not scheduled in the upcoming semester.

 Catalog Year

The degree audits began with the 2011 catalog going forward to 2014.  We have now completed on adding the 2010 and 2009 catalog years to the audit.    As programs come available for earlier catalog years (2009/2010), you will see them on your audit.  Remember to click on "Process New" to see any updates to the audit.

 I've seen the @ symbol in several places on my audit. What does this mean?

This is a “wildcard” in Degree Works. If the @ sign appears with course numbers after it (i.e., @ 1000:4999), it means you can take any subject area with that level (1000-4000 level course from any subject area).  If the @ appears after a subject prefix (i.e., PSY @), it means you can take any course with that subject prefix (any course in Psychology).

 When should I look at my degree audit?

At a minimum, you should review your audit during the following times:

     1.  Before you meet with your academic advisor to discuss registration for an upcoming semester.

     2.  After you register to ensure the courses you selected apply to your requirements as you had planned.

     3.   After your grades for each semester are posted.

     4.   Any time you make a change to your schedule or program. Use the "in-progress" and "pre-registered" check boxes on your audit frequently, then hit "Process New."

Unchecking those boxes allows you to see if an earlier class may meet the requirement. Due to University rules, the most recent class is used. Unchecking the
"in-progress" box allows you to see what will happen if you decide to withdraw.
 I think my audit is incorrect. What should I do?

Please ask your advisor for assistance. Below are the most common problems and courses of action:

 My program is wrong on my audit.

If you have not officially changed your program, refer to the Office of the Registrar for a Change of Program form.

If you have already officially changed your program (the submitted form was signed by required parties and processed by the Office of the Registrar), Degree Works will NOT display your Audit in the new program until the effective term of the change. For example, if you change your program after drop/add of the Fall semester, you will not see the new program in your Audit until the beginning of the Spring semester.

Remember: You can always see what your new Audit will look like by using the “What If?” tool.

 The requirements for my program are wrong.

Requirements for most programs change over time and are tied to the Catalog year in which you matriculated in your program. If you believe your Audit is incorrect, check the catalog term on the header of the audit. According to your student record, this is the catalog term that applies to you. If you believe the Catalog year is incorrect, please contact the Office of the Registrar.

 Classes are not applying in the right place.

Degree Works uses a ‘best-fit’ approach for meeting requirements. This means classes may shift and be applied differently as you take more courses. This is normal and should work in your best interest. However, if you are concerned, please contact your advisor.

  I have permission to substitute a course, but it's not showing on my audit. What should I do?

Talk with your advisor. Exceptions approved prior to Fall 2014 may not  have been added to your record. Course substitutions and waivers made in the previous degree audit system will be applied to your new Audit.

 How is my degree audit different from my transcript?

Your degree audit is a tool to provide you with academic information related to your degree progress. It displays courses required and completed in your degree program. Your official transcript is your university academic record and provides a chronological list of courses completed and other academic information.

 Does Degree Works include my AP and transfer work?

Once AP scores are received from the College Board, and credit is granted, they are posted to the student record and will appear on the audit. Likewise, transfer work will also appear.   

 Why isn't my transfer work meeting a requirement?

The Admission's Transfer Articulation Center evaluates all courses completed at other institutions to determine acceptability for transfer to UWF. The Transfer Articulation Center also determines which transferred courses are acceptable towards meeting your General Studies Requirements, and applies these courses to your Audit. Your program (or minor) department must review any transfer courses for purposes of meeting requirements specific to your program. Any courses listed in the "Courses Not Applying to this Program" section are counting towards the total credit hours needed for your degree as general electives (and may or may not be needed for this purpose). Contact your advisor if you find courses in this section which you believe may be applicable to specific degree requirements.

 I want to change my program (major). How can I see what courses would be required if I made this change?

You can use the “What-If” button to do an audit for your program of interest.

 “What-If?” audits show you the requirements for a program and how the courses you have already taken will apply to the program of interest. They DO NOT change your program, nor do they guarantee you will be able to graduate in the area you select.

 How does Degree Works decide where to place courses I’ve completed?

Degree Works looks at your program holistically and places each course using a “best fit” scenario.  The system also has programmed priorities governing how certain courses will be used in your program. This process will not always be perfect, particularly when multiple possibilities exist. However, as you complete your requirements, it generally works out. If you are concerned about a course that does not appear in the area in which you wanted to use it, you may contact your advisor for assistance.

 Why does Degree Works place some courses that are part of my program in the General Studies block?

This is common. In order to ensure your degree meets the University’s General Studies requirements, a specific course that is required in your program may be designated to fulfill that requirement. This enables you to obtain your degree without taking extra classes.

 I do not have a GPA. Why?

If it is your first semester at the university, you will not have a UWF GPA yet. Once your first semester is completed and grades have posted you will then see an institutional GPA. All of the displayed GPA's on your degree audit are UWF institutional GPA's. If you need to view transfer GPA or cumulative GPA, then go to Self-Service Banner.

 My audit showed a requirement complete but now it is 'In progress." What happended?

The audit reevaluates the placement of courses based on the University's academic policies, such as using a the most recent course. If you are now registered in a course that also would fulfill the requirement, then the auditor will reevaluate what course is used. If you were to drop the course, then the next day, the original course would complete the requirement again.

 I have transfer work and the course is listed with an "XFER" prefix. What does "XFER" mean?

If the coursework from another institution is not equivalent to a UWF course, then the prefix may be XFER or a UWF prefix with TR in the course number. As with other courses not applying to your program, questions should be directed to your advisor.

 Do my Earned Hours include in-progress classes?

Earned Hours displayed at the top of the audit are your total hours earmed, both at UWF and accepted transfer credits. Credit Applied hours that appear in some sections of the audit, include "in-progress" hours unless you uncheck the check boxes towards the top of the audit which indicate "Include in-progress classes" and/or "Include pre-registered classes."  Using these two selections will help you see how in-progress and preregistered class affect your audit. 

 I have classes located in a section called "No Credit Awarded." What do I do?

Classes located in the "No Credit Awarded" section could be classes taken as a non-degree seeking student before Fall 2014, or for certain programs, especially graduate programs, courses must be taken within a certain number of years to count, or it could be a course which you used "Grade Forgiveness."  Basically, courses in this section are not receiving credit and do not affect your GPA.

Additional Features of Degree Works

Using "What-If"

If you are thinking of changing your program, you can use the "What If" feature to see how your current classes will meet the new program's requirements.

  1. Select the "What If" tab, the degree if you know if it, such as BS or BA, then the program from the list.
    • If you have selected a degree, then the list is limited to those degrees.  
  2. Once you have selected a program, click on "Process What-If".
    • Remember, if you have exceptions that were made in your current program, those may or may not apply to the new program, and do not carry over to the new program.  

Using the GPA Term Calculator

The GPA term calculator is a simple tool to help you see the effect of potential grades on your UWF GPA. The UWF GPA is listed at the top of the page, then you enter the classes that you are taking, along with the credit hours, and the grade. When you hit "Recalculate", your new UWF GPA will appear. The Term GPA calculator is a estimating tool, and does not account for repeated courses or Grade Forgiveness requests.  

Class History

Class History is a display of all coursework organized by semester.  

Building a plan in Degree Works

Advisors and students can build Student Educational Plans in Degree Works.


 Click here for details...

Building a plan in Degree Works 

On this page

 Review Info
Process OwnerRegistrar
Last Reviewed
Last Edited
TemplateBPL Procedure v.1.0.1