This page contains the Best Practices for students who utilize Blackboard Collaborate Ultra for class sessions.
Ultra Best Practices for Students
- Download Chrome.Always use the Chrome browser for sessions, recordings, and to view recordings. If you do not currently have Chrome, you can download it here,
- Test Ultra before the first day of class.
- It is highly recommended that participants utilize a headset with a microphone during sessions.
- It is highly recommended to use a wired internet connection instead of wireless to prevent lag and improve download speed.
- It is highly recommended to utilize an Internet package with a download speed of at least 50 Mbps and an upload speed of 5 Mbps. (Ask your Internet provider for details). You may also check your internet speed by using one of these Internet Speed Tests:
- Login to your Ultra session early.
- Chat to the facilitator if you have an issue or need the instructor or presenter to slow down or clarify.
- Chat to the facilitator if you need students to speak louder so that you can hear them.
- Mute your microphone while not speaking.
- Raise your hand to speak.
- Get involved, ask questions, ask for clarification, and ask for additional details.
- Call the ITS Help Desk at 850-474-2075 if you experience problems.
- Follow the Student Computer Hardware Recommendations.
Enter question here
Enter answer here