This page provides an overview of Best Practices for Instructors, Moderators, and Presenters when utilizing Blackboard Collaborate Ultra for blended audiences.
Ultra Best Practices for Instructors and Moderators
- Login to online session early.
- Provide an open session link for your students to test Ultra before the first class session. (eLearning or email)
- Provide students with Ultra Guide before the first session.
- Instructors and students must utilize the Chrome browser with Ultra.
- It is highly recommended for instructors and students to utilize a wired internet connection instead of wireless.
- It is highly recommended for instructors and students to utilize an internet package with a download speed of at least 50 Mbps. You may also check your internet speed by using one of these Internet Speed Tests:
- Acknowledge, include, and speak to online students by name.
- Post all images and supplemental content shown in class, in eLearning.
- Describe specific details to online students when showing images in class.
- Speak one at a time.
- Transition from video, whiteboard, applications, and files slowly and allow time for online students to transition.
- Consistently check-in with online students.
- Have a backup plan in eLearning in case there are problems.
- Call Help Desk at 474-2075 if you have a problem.
Enter question here
Enter answer here