Advanced web developers can request a data source to create dynamic web pages.
Before you begin, please temporarily remove any password you may have on the Microsoft Access database. Otherwise, the system will not be able to verify the creation of the datasource. You may re-apply the password after the datasource is created.
- Log into my.uwf.edu and search for Web Publishing.
- In the Working with account drop-down box, select the account for which the Datasource is needed (most people have only one account).
- Click on the Manage datasources for <accountname> link.
- Enter a name for the Datasource in the Data SOURCE Name field. The name entered will be appended onto your ArgoNet username and separated by an underscore to create the Datasource name.
- Enter the name of the Microsoft Access database in the DataBASE Name field. This database must be stored on your Home (H:\) directory in a folder called Database.
- Click the Add New DSN button. The Datasource will be created immediately.
To verify that the Datasource has been created, notice the Datasource name listed under the Data Sources section. If there are no problems that exist with the Datasource the name should appear in green.
ITS Help Desk