Advanced web developers can request a data source to create dynamic web pages.
Before you begin, please temporarily remove any password you may have on the Microsoft Access database. Otherwise, the system will not be able to verify the creation of the datasource. You may re-apply the password after the datasource is created.
- Log into my.uwf.edu and search for Web Publishing.
- In the Working with account drop-down box, select the account for which the Data Source is needed (most people have only one account).
- Click on the Manage datasources for <accountname> link.
- Enter a name for the Data Source in the Data SOURCE Name field. The name entered will be appended onto your ArgoNet username and separated by an underscore to create the Data Source name.
- Enter the name of the Microsoft Access database in the DataBASE Name field. This database must be stored on your Home (H:\) directory in a folder called Database.
- Click the Add New DSN button. The Data Source will be created immediately.
To verify that the Data Source has been created, notice the Data source name listed under the Data Sources section. If there are no problems that exist with the Data Source the name should appear in green.
ITS Help Desk