Here are instructions for recording a narrated PowerPoint using the iSpring Free plugin
Before you start
iSpring Free is a quality product that converts PowerPoint slides in flash. It allows you to easily create standalone narrated PowerPoint presentations. Install iSpring: http://www.ispringsolutions.com/ispring_free_license_request.html
Make sure you have the Free iSpring installed. The PowerPoint tab should say "iSpring Free".
- Open PowerPoint.
Select the Slide Show tab.
Click on Record Slide Show.
On the new window that shows, click the button that says Start Recording.
- PowerPoint will automatically switch to presentation view showing your slides. The recoding pane will appear on the top right side of your screen. You can use it to see to move to next slide, to pause the recording, to see the elapsed time of your recording, and to restart the recording.
6. When you are done recording, press the Esc button on your keyboard.
If you are happy with your recording, the next step would be to create and save the narrated presentation.
Saving your narrated presentation
- The narrated presentation can be easily converted into a standalone flash presentation by selecting the Free iSpring tab.
- Click on Publish.
- In the new window that shows up, select where to save the presentation by clicking on Browse.
- Make sure that the following options are checked: Start presentation automatically, and Advance animations on mouse click.
- Click on the Publish button at the bottom.
The result will be three files. Zip these three files and your narrated presentation is ready to be uploaded to your course on eLearning.
Each image on this page shows only one step which is also described in the text on the left side of this page.