Use the Content tool to access course materials, complete required activities, and monitor your completion progress on topics contained within each course module.
The Content tool has four main areas:
- An overview of the course and information about course expectations. Course Overview
- Lists the topics you bookmark. Click the BookmarksAdd Bookmark icon while viewing a topic to add it to your bookmarks list. The number beside the Bookmarks link indicates how many bookmarks you added within the course.
- Upcoming Events Lists course material due dates, start dates, end dates, and other course events for the next seven days. Dates listed on this page are not exclusive to Content topics; upcoming events include all events within the course from the Calendar tool. The number beside the Upcoming Events link indicates how many upcoming events you have.
- Browse course materials and assignments here. The number beside a module listed in the Table of Contents indicates how many topics within the module you need to complete. The number decreases as you work through course materials. Table of Contents
Use the Content tool to organize course content so that information about course expectations, course syllabus, lecture notes, and important dates display to students clearly.
Course materials you post in Content can include documents, images, media files, URL links, and activities (e.g. discussions, quizzes, surveys, self assessments, and dropbox folders). You can add release conditions, grade items, and learning objectives to ensure students navigate through course materials while fulfilling specific course requirements and learning expectations.
Pages on this Topic
Access Content from the Course Materials drop-down menu.
Student view of the Table of Contents page
Click image to enlarge
You can also monitor class and user progress as students work through course content. Completion tracking allows instructors to determine how content topics are set as "complete" (set automatically by the system or manually by the student).
To set Completion tracking:
- Click on the Settings icon
- Select desired option from the drop-down menu
You can track results on a student-by-student and class basis by viewing user progress and class progress in thetool.