General-purpose labs are free to use and open to all students, faculty, and staff. The UWF Computer Lab Policies are listed below.
Computer Lab Policies
- Absolutely no food, drinks, or tobacco products are allowed in the lab.
- Priority use for all computers is given for academically related purposes. When lab use is heavy, students using computers for nonacademic reasons may be asked to surrender their computers.
- Pornography of any kind is strictly prohibited.
- Altering the configuration of lab hardware or software is prohibited.
- Students must use only their OWN ArgoNet accounts for access to lab computers.
- Locking computer stations is not permitted. Any station found locked will be rebooted immediately enabling access for other students.
- Users may not use the computers to commit any illegal actions, such as copying or downloading copyrighted software.
- When listening to music or sound files, headphones must be used. We do not provide headphones.
- Foul language, display of temper toward SAIL staff or users, or equipment abuse will not be tolerated.
- Certain computers may be reserved for specific software applications. Users requiring the use of these applications have priority at these specific computers.
- Recreational computer games are NOT permitted.
- Any unauthorized software or personal files left on the hard drive of the PC will be promptly removed.
ITS Help Desk