Important information for those who share a wireless device!
When you connect to ArgoAir, the 802.1x client stores your name with the ID of the computer (or other wireless device) that you are using. This means that if someone else uses the computer, ArgoAir will not recognize the new user and will continue to think that you are logged into the wireless network. Clearing your wireless credentials disassociates your name from the computer ID.
Also know that UWF students and employees change or reset their passwords, the ArgoNet passwords that are saved on their computers for ArgoAir will no longer work. These users will have to clear their ArgoAir credentials from their computers (aka Forgetting the network), and then reconnect their devices to ArgoAir.
- In the system tray on the bottom right of your screen, click the Wi-Fi symbol.
- Select Network & Internet Settings.
- In the left column, select Wi-Fi
- Select Manage known networks.
- Select uwf-argo-air.
- Select Forget.
- In the system tray on the bottom right of your screen, click on the wireless bars icon.
- Right-click on uwf-argo-air.
- Select Forget this network from the pop-up menu that appears.
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Manage Wireless Networks.
- Double click on uwf-argo-air, then select the Security tab.
- Uncheck the box labeled "Cache user information for subsequent connections to this network."
You must be an admin on the Mac to forget the network
If you are a UWF employee using a UWF-owned Mac and you are not an admin for that Mac, then locate your LSP and follow these instructions instead:
- If the ITS Help Desk is your LSP
- Call the ITS Help Desk during our normal business hours (850 474 2075), if you are able to plug in an Ethernet cable to the Mac (this way we may be able to remote in to resolve the issue).
- Visit the ITS Help Desk in building 79 during our walk-in hours, and bring the Mac with you.
- If the ITS Help is not your LSP
- At the top left corner of your Mac's screen, click the Apple symbol.
- Select System Preferences...
- Select Network
- On the left side of the window, select Wi-Fi
- In the bottom right corner of the window, select Advanced...
- Under Preferred Networks:, select uwf-argo-air
- Click the - symbol to remove the Wi-Fi network
- Click OK
- Click Apply
ITS Help Desk