Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


If you are an active student wishing to update specific parts of your student data, you will do so using the Student Data Change Form as illustrated on this page. This data includes name, social security number, gender, and date of birth. 

  • You are an active student if you've registered for courses at least once during the last three terms, or if you have been recently admitted to the University.

If you are an inactive student, please email

You will need to log into the MyUWF portal to access this form. If you need assistance with logging in, please contact the ITS HelpDesk at (850) 474-2075.

Please email if you have any questions. We will be happy to assist you!


(red star) Present and past UWF Employees (including student employees) should NOT use this form to request these data changes. Present and past employees should update their information with Human Resources in Building 20E - See Update My Personal Info.  

(red star) Students wishing to update their phone number, address, or emergency contact information should log into MyUWF and access the Contact and Privacy Information app. 

(red star) This form does NOT change your address for PAYROLL purposes. Payroll addresses can be updated using the Contact & Privacy Information app in MyUWF or by completing Form W-4 and submitting it to the Payroll Office in Building 20E.


Step 1

Log into MyUWF and search for "Student Data Change Form" 

screenshot of MyUWF - search for Student Data Change Form

Step 2 

Complete page 1

Your student information will prepopulate

Select one data change type - click Next

image of page 1 of student data change form

Step 3

 Submit appropriate information and attachments for the data change you selected:

Name Change - Click HERE 

Social Security Number - Click HERE 

Gender - Click HERE 

Date of Birth - Click HERE 

Name Change

  • Two documents are required for a name change request and the names of both must match
  • Submit one document from each group listed below
    • Group 1
      • Copy of Marriage License; or
      • Divorce Decree or
      • Legal Name Change paperwork


  • Group 2
    • Social Security Card; or
    • Current Driver License or State Issue I.D. Card or
    • U.S. Passport

Social Security Number

  • To update your Social Security Number, provide any one of the following documents:
    • Signed copy of your social security card
    • W-2 Form
    • Paycheck
    • SSA-1099
    • Any 1099


  • Two documents are required to update your gender classification
    • Submit one document from each group listed below
    • Group 1
      • Copy of court order for a name/gender change; or
      • Signed original statement on office letterhead from the attending physician stating the applicant is undergoing appropriate clinical treatment for gender transition or
      • Amended birth certificate (refer to Florida DMV Gender Change protocols)


    • Group 2
      • Social Security Card; or
      • Current Permit, Current Driver License or State Issue I.D. Card or
      • U.S. Passport, Passport Card or Foreign Passport with Visa and valid I-94 issued by DHS

Date of Birth

  • Two documents are required to update your date of birth
    • Submit two documents from the group listed below
      • Current Driver's License or State Issued ID
      • Birth Certificate
      • Social Security Card
      • U.S. Military Photo I.D. Card

Step 4

Sign electronically and submit online