Section 1006.75 (3)(a)1.-4., Florida Statutes, (2022) requires all new UWF students to:
- Register with the university's career center.
- Complete a career readiness training module provided by the career center.
- Be directed to the MyFloridaFuture dashboard.
- Affirmatively indicate that he or she has been provided with information regarding the employment and wage prospects for his or her declared major.
UWF has developed a Career Readiness Module to provide students with this information.
Completing the module:
- If you have not already done so, upgrade your Argonet account. *Note, as part of the Career Readiness Module, you will be completing your Handshake profile. You will have access to Handshake approximately 7 days after you activate your ArgoNet account.
- Register for the free Career Readiness online module:
- Log in to Classmate using your MyUWF username and login.
- Click Self-Enrollment.
- Locate the Career Readiness Module (for new students) course, and Enroll.
- Complete the module. From the registration page, click Go to ELearning to go to Canvas, UWF's online learning platform, and select the Career Readiness Module.
The module will take about 45 minutes to complete. All new students are strongly encouraged to complete the Career Readiness module prior to orientation. Doing so will ensure your major and course selection match your goals and that you meet the requirements to enroll in future terms.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- Who is required to complete the Career Readiness Module? All students who are new to UWF for Fall 2022 and beyond.
- How long does the module take to complete? The module will take about 45 minutes to complete.
- What happens if I don't complete the module? Students who do not complete the module will have a hold placed on their account preventing registration for future semesters. Once the module has been completed, the hold will be lifted, and students will be eligible to register for classes.
- I have a CP hold in my Registration Menu. What does this mean? A Career Planning (CP) hold is added to all new students accounts (Fall 2022 admits and beyond). Once the Career Readiness module has been completed, the CP hold will be removed from your account.
- I am encountering technical issues with the module. Whom do I contact? For technical issues or questions about completing the Career Readiness module, contact the Office of Career Development & Community Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-474-2254.
- I cannot access Handshake. What should I do? Handshake accounts become active a few days after you activate your ArgoNet account. If you activated your ArgoNet account more than 3 days ago and still do not have access to Handshake, contact the Office of Career Development & Community Engagement at email@example.com.
- What other career planning resources are available to me? If you need assistance choosing a major or career, the Office of Career Development & Community Engagement can help! Visit this page to learn more, or you can schedule an appointment with a Career Coach through your Handshake account (accessed through MyUWF and available after you complete the Career Readiness module).
Based upon your confidence in your major selection, you will be added to Track 1 or Track 2. Below is an overview of the requirements for each track. The module will lead you through these requirements.