The ATC Course Design Template is designed to meet Quality Matters (QM) standards, and to assist faculty in creating a quality online or blended course. Many time-consuming features have been built into the template to save faculty valuable time. See the instructions below for loading the template, changing the style sheet, and adding photo headers to the templates.
Some of the built in features include:
- Replacement Strings (which identify the student by name)
- Standard Syllabus template with links to common plug-ins, SDRC information, and emergency information included
- BEGIN HERE page with instructions for students on how and where to find course resources
- Academic Integrity Module and quiz developed by Drs. Ron Belter and Athena De Pre
- Course Orientation, Communication Standards, and Netiquette modules
- Campus support resources for students and most importantly, the template provides consistent, logical course navigation for the student.
- The template is also designed to meet web page accessibility standards.
Listed below are the zipped Course Design template files:
- Classic Contemporary
- Ordinary Blue
- temporarily unavailable) (
- ATC Original Template
- Modern Red
- Select the template file from the list above and save the file to your computer.
- Go into your empty course shell and select My Tools/Edit Course
- Select Import / Export / Copy Components
- Select Import Components
- Browse to the template zip file on your computer and select Open, then selectNext
- Once you get a green check mark next to Reading the package, click Start
- After several processing steps, look for and check the box for Import Metadata
- Select All Components
- Click Continue, and on the following page click Continue as well
- You should have green check marks next to all files listed, then click Finish
- You should see: "Import Summary, The course import was successful."
Changing the Stylesheet - NOTE: Use these files only if you want to change the stylesheet.
Listed below are the style sheets for each template. You can easily change the look of your course by replacing the files within the Template Files folder in your course.
NOTE: This will only work with the templates listed above. It will not work on the old ATC template.
- Classic Contemporary - stylesheet only
- Deskpaper - stylesheet only
- Modern Red - stylesheet only
- Notepaper - stylesheet only
- Ordinary Blue - stylesheet only
- ATC Argo Colors - stylesheet only
- Photo Mastheads
- Download the Template Files Folder zipped file
- Go to the Manage Files area in your course
- Scroll to find the Template Files folder
- Click on the folder to go into it
- Check all files and delete them from the folder
- While still in the Template Files folder, upload the new Template Files zipped file
- Hover over the zip file to reveal the drop down menu, select Unzip (you may have to refresh your screen to see the unzipped files)
- Congratulations, your course has a brand new look!
- Note: You may have to refresh your browser to clear the cache, or preview using a different browser
Adding Photo Headers
If you wish to use the Photo Headers in the Argo Colors template, or any any other template, you will need to upload the image folder manually insert them in the headers.
- Download the Photo Mastheads folder to your computer
- Go to your Manage Files and open the images folder
- Upload the masthead zip folder and unzip the file
- In the content area, select the file (i.e., Begin Here), then select Edit
- Place your cursor next to the title, and select the Insert Photo icon on the HTML editor
- Choose Course Offering Files and navigate to the Masthead folder inside the images folder
- Select the image you want and select Done
- Fill in the ALT Tag information and then select OK
- Finally, select Update to complete the process
- NOTE: The text color of the headers is indicated by BLK- for black text, or BLU- for blue text.
This page contains the script for Google Analytics. Please do not delete.