I need to take a quiz using the Respondus Lockdown Browser.
Change to using Respondus Lockdown Browser
Beginning June 1, 2017, students may no longer be able to manually launch LockDown Browser (using a desktop shortcut) and then log into Respondus. If they attempt to do that, they may encounter this message:
LockDown Browser shouldn't be started manually. Use a standard browser (eg. Chrome, IE, Firefox, etc.) to navigate to the exam and LockDown Browser will launch automatically when it's required.
- Install Respondus on your machine.
- Close all programs on your machine.
- Open your web browser (Chrome, IE, Firefox, etc).
- Go to the specific quiz you wish to take and attempt to begin the quiz, like you normally would without Respondus.
- Click Launch LockDown Browser (this would normally say Start Quiz here, if the quiz does not require Respondus).
- Click Open LockDown Browser, if prompted.
- If prompted to close a blocked program (e.g. screen capture, instant messaging), choose Yes when prompted.
- Click Start Quiz.
- Once a quiz has been started with Respondus LockDown Browser, you cannot exit until the Submit Quiz button is clicked.
I've installed the Lockdown Browser, but the instructions above aren't working.
The Lockdown Browser works as a skin for Internet Explorer on PCs and for Safari on Macs. Problems related to the Lockdown Browser are generally related to these browsers. Most of the time, clearing the appropriate browser's cache will resolve issues in the Lockdown Browser. For instructions to clear your cache, please see http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache.